Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wedding Planning, my other job

If I had all the money in the world I'd love to hire a wedding planner to do all the work that I have to do to get this wedding the way I want and at the PRICE I want it, and BOY what a price weddings are. I swear that you mention the word wedding and vendors want to triple charge you.

According to Costofwedding.com, the "
average, US couples spend $26,542 for their wedding. However, the majority of couples spend between $19,907 and $33,178. This does not include cost for a honeymoon or engagement ring." GEEZ. Hello NEW CAR price! Not to say you can't plan for less or more if you have the means. Mine will definitely be a lot less, but it's really hard to plan a budget wedding with champagne taste y'all.

Now, if I was getting PAID for the time I spend wedding planning, then ok, I'd spend that much. The number of countless hours involved in planning a wedding is like a second job. Am I right ladies?!

It's fun sometimes though, and sometimes I want to pull my hair out and go scream.

And a side note, all of us brides have some kind of excel spread sheet that looks like this:





Slightly cray cray, but necessary, for real. Looks like a day job right? It totally is, and seeing as I'm off from work now, I'm done wedding planning/venting for today. I just wanted to write this post after seeing some fellow bride-to-be's with some wedding frustration knocking at their door. Keep it up ladies, you're doing a great job and we feel ya!

xoxo
a.

No comments:

Post a Comment