Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bridal Gowns

OMG. I love clothes, and I love fashion. It makes my heart skip a beat. So after fiance and I started dating, I knew he was the one so I honed in on my skills on how to plan a wedding a look perfect. I scoured all the amazing designers; Monique Lhuillier, Romona Keveza, Rivini, Christos, Ines Di Santo, Amsale, and Vera Wang herself. I particularly found myself in love with on Lazaro gown, seen below:


Style LZ3050

I loved this dress. SO much. But being the fashionista I am, I loved a lot of gowns, like these:



A little all over the place I know. And I wanted fit and flare. I was adamant! But alas, my mom took me to a bridal salon in February and we went to Nitsa's in Charlotte for the first salon choice. I wanted to look at the designer dresses and try them on for real and boy what an eye opener that was! (Let's just say I fell in love with Miss Amsale!!)

A word to the wise, DO NOT do it, unless you are prepared to budget for it. Just like all the shows say not to try on dresses out of your price range, it's ABSOLUTELY true. Once you drive a Mercedes, you'll want one. I mean it. The fabric is glorious, the texture is fantastic, the craftsmanship is superb! Designer gowns, are just that. They are amazing because they are made amazingly! The best fabrics you can buy, and you'll notice tenfold the difference in a lower priced gown.


Now obviously I'm not saying that everyone should buy a $6,000 dress, or even think of spending a ridiculous amount on a gown, but once you've tasted amazingness, you cannot go back.
So my first shopping trip, was a tease and when I finally became engaged in July, I went to a lower end salon after going to a Vera Wang salon right before, and almost broke down crying because I was so upset about not liking anything because of how it felt and looked.

I know it's materialistic, but you just can't help it. So listen to Randy and don't do it, unless you're prepared or your mom is! ;)


xoxo
a.

No comments:

Post a Comment