Monday, April 9, 2012

Tomorrow marks 7 months!

I know I probably say this a lot but sorry for the hiatus. Last week = week from hell. It didn't even really involve wedding planning at all. I just had a personal rough week at work and just was really unhappy to be there. NOT fun. My parents and fiance's mom and boyfriend also met for the FIRST time in over 3 years on Easter Sunday for brunch. It was nice, but we didn't get to know each other too much unfortunately. At least we have plenty of wedding events ahead in which we will all be together, so I'm looking forward to establishing those relationships.

Speaking of wedding news though, I got an email from my photographer saying that I will be receiving my photos in the mail THIS week!! Which means I will be in full blown "find the perfect save-the-date" mode, which I am TOTALLY excited about y'all!! I have been doing research for while and here are some save-the-date things I know:

1. It will be postcard save-the-date! WEE!
2. It will have some sort of photo on it!
3. It will either come from Minted, Pear Tree Greetings, or Wedding Paper Divas.


(a few of my personal favorites so far, you can edit them however you like too!)

Progress right?! After I saw the sneak peak of our photos I have a favorite that I've been playing around with and have found some suitable suitors for our fun photos, so I know it won't take me long to find something. That is unless there are SO many great photos, which is totally a possibility knowing how AWESOME Meredith is. Really y'all, hire her, and you'll be so thankful you did!

I also can check off that I completed almost ALL of our guest list!! HOLY COW! I am giving all my single guests a plus one, which I think is respectful, and surprisingly a lot of people are coupled up anyway. I was surprised at how quick people responded upon being asked for their address and I'm happy it wasn't too hard. The only ones I'm still needing are courtesy of my parents friends... Come one mom & dad!!

So I'm excited about this first OFFICIAL step we're making towards our big day. I'd love to send in one of our pictures to the newspaper announcing our engagement after we get our photos, which I think is a fun tradition and one that may not be around too much longer. I think I have an exciting week ahead!

Stay tuned!

xoxo,
a.

No comments:

Post a Comment